Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Did we win?

Our Christmas tree is up already...did we beat you?

Yesterday Peter and I went out to lunch at In N Out (don't know what that is...you're missing out) and then went shopping for a tree. We stopped at Mervyns which is going out of business to check out their artificial trees and well they were pretty tacky. Then we headed to Costco and picked out a 7.5 footer with white lights. Peter tried to convince me we needed the one with the LED lights that cost about $30 more. He only wanted it because of the lights. I told him we could buy some LED lights to put on ours...so we got the cheaper one.

Last year we decided to buy an artificial tree because neither one of us wanted to carry a real one up a flight of stairs to get it in the house. Nor did we want to have to constantly clean up the needles, and well artificial ones don't get dried up and pose as a fire danger. This one said it was flame resistant on the package. Anyway last year came and went and we tried to get one after the holidays for real cheap, but we didn't like any and they really weren't cheap. So yes yesterday we bought our first Christmas tree, and in a couple years or less depending on the prices of real trees it will have paid for itself.

So there you have it, we have a tree and it's up with lights on it. Perhaps we'll decorate tonight as we start making stuff for Thanksgiving.

7 comments:

Linda said...

Hey, you skipped Thanksgiving! (My tree's going up on Friday.)

My family switched to the artificial tree in 2001, and the convenience is totally worth it.

Kira said...

you beat me ... but I think I get some leeway because I'm not home! :-) Can't wait to see pictures!

Lisa said...

I saw that tree at Costco and I want it. It's one of the best looking artificial trees I've seen. Fred & I tired of spending the money on real ones and I'm tired of vacuuming up all the needles. The kids however are still putting up a stink about not having a real tree. I guess we'll have to wait another couple of years and once Sarah's graduates maybe we can finally get an artificial one. I want to get one on Saturday while Alycia's here but I don't know if we'll have time. I'm jealous!!

The Hall Family said...

We have our tree up but no lights, too:) Congrats on YOUR marriage- that's awesome. You look beautiful!

KC Witkamp said...

You had definetely beat us!
Sadly this year we wont have any decorations because we are going to be gone for all the holidays. Now that I know you put your Xmas tree very early, I'll keep that in mind next year when trying to decide the best time to put all the decorations ;)

Lindsay said...

Yep, you beat us, too. We're still deciding if we'll put up a tree or not. We like real ones, but can only afford those tiny, Charlie Brownish types.

melissa @ 1lbr said...

I still cling to the real ones, but loathe the prices. I think I will put up only a very small artificial one, since we are not staying home for Christmas. However, even with those excuses, you would have beaten us...probably by about 3 weeks!