Saturday, December 8, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

 A couple of days ago we got out our Christmas tree and started decorating it.  This year we only hung the non-breakables as Connor really wanted to do it all by himself.  We've managed to hang a few way up high once he's been in bed.
 He carefully inspects each ornament before finding the perfect spot.
 Connor has been really into all of the lights this year.  So we walked along Christmas Card Lane last night.   Connor liked the chilly polar bear.
 We all liked Calvin and Hobbes
 Then this morning Frank came over and Connor and I got kicked out of the house due to all the noise they were making.  This lovely floor is now gone!  We removed the little half wall that was here too.
 Yes this is our living room.  Isn't it lovely!
 Peter and my dad watch as Frank removed the flooring.  Actually each man took their turn doing the manly work.
 The floor is all gone!
 This is where the flooring moved to.  Each bag weighs roughly 100 pounds.  There's about 15 or so bags here.
 While the guys did the manly work.  Connor and I went to my parents' house and hung up their Christmas lights.  My mom had bought new LED lights to replace their old regular lights...so....since they had no need for their other lights, I requested borrowing them so I could decorate our house.  (We only had three little strands from the condo...not nearly enough to do the whole house.)  Only problem was the ladder didn't reach nearly as high as I need to get to.  Luckily the previous owners had put nails in the wood that they hung the lights on, so I just needed something very long to use to hook the lights onto the nails.
 My mom suggested I use the pool sweep pole with a brush on the end.  I could extend it long enough to reach all of the hooks.  It was perfect!
Then this evening we went to Home Depot and picked up some more extension cords so we can light up all the lights.  We also picked up a blow up Eeyore to keep my Pooh and Tigger company.  Pictures to come shortly when we have everything up.  Yes at our house it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

2 comments:

melissa @ 1lbr said...

I love your ingenious light-hanging idea! We had somewhat of a fiasco trying to hang ours. The roof isn't that high (single story), but our ladder isn't high enough either. Oy.

Lisa said...

Your Mom has always been smart! :)