Sunday, April 21, 2013

The past two weekends

Two weeks ago we celebrated Bubba's birthday.  We bought him a kite which we took to the park the following day to fly.  Normally Hilltop Park is breezy, but of course on the day we want to fly a kite it was completely still.  The flag on the flagpole which was up a good 30 feet or so lay motionless.  Just our luck.  So instead we played on the playground for awhile. Connor really enjoyed the slides.

 Connor and Bubba go down together
Connor had a blast!


Just as we were about to call it quits, the wind started to pick up.  The flag started dancing so we grabbed Bubba's kite, put it together and attempted to fly it.  Unfortunately the wind came in about 5 minute increments.  As long as the wind was blowing the kite would stay in the air, but as soon as the wind died down, the kite took a nose dive.  After trying for quite awhile to keep it up, we realized it just wasn't going to happen that day, so we packed it all up.  We'll have to try another time when there's some obvious wind.

This weekend Peter went out and bought a lawn mower and then gave the grass a trim.  He also placed the edger pieces around the grass so the lawn looks a bit more complete.  We ran out of pieces though, so another Home Depot trip is in our future.  I don't think we've gone a single weekend without going there at least once since buying the house.  They should know us by name by now.

While Peter was buying the lawnmower I headed out to get my hair cut.  While I was there I told Karina that I was going out to my work's annual dinner and auction that night.  So she styled my hair really nice for me.  I got so many compliments...I was loving it.  I even wore makeup (yes I just said that)!  I felt really girly and spiffy(as my dad would say).  It was fun dressing up (sort of-it was what I had that fit). 
Oh yes and here's the bump at 23 weeks.  People keep telling me that they're glad I'm finally showing...
Friends/coworkers/family members all told me that with your second and multiple children you show much earlier on.  This wasn't the case for me.  I showed with Connor around 15-17 weeks.  This one was about 20 weeks when I finally couldn't wear normal clothes anymore.  And sometime within the last week or so the belly just jumped out, or at least that's what people tell me...I noticed it awhile ago.

1 comment:

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Cute bump! I love when people suddenly notice when you have been noticing getting bigger for a while. Especially now, when I'm 7 months and they are just now figuring it out :)