Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Mommy, there's a bird in the kitchen...

I was reading stories with Chloe getting her ready for a nap when Connor came in and said, "Mommy, there's a bird in the kitchen."
 "A bird in the kitchen?"
"Yeah there's a bird in the kitchen."
"A real live bird?"
"Yeah, it's in the kitchen."
"A flying bird?"
"I think so, it's in the kitchen."
"Okay, let's go see it."
We walk downstairs, look in the kitchen...
"Wow, there's a bird in the kitchen!"
"I know, I told you that."
The poor thing wasn't the smartest bird in the place.  It flew in the sliding glass door and then flew into every window.  In the end I had knocked the screens out of all the kitchen windows and it finally left through the sink window.  I took a little video at the end.  It's funny hearing how Chloe was just shrieking with delight.  The bird flew right over her head at some point and she was just beside herself laughing(not in the video).  I was glad she was still up.


No comments: