Thursday, January 29, 2009

Peach Cobbler

Tonight's dessert started out to be crescent rolls with peach pie filling rolled into them and then baked. However, after popping the can of dough and noticing the date stamped on the bottom of the can which said "use by 12 May 08" the dough was then trashed. Unfortunately the can of peach pie filling had already been opened, so I had to come up with a plan B. Peter suggested I make a pie. After giving this some thought, I decided this wasn't possible...I didn't have any frozen pie crusts. I've never made a pie from scratch before, not to mention it sounded like it would take a lot of time and I wanted dessert NOW. So I consulted the Internet. I looked up bisquick.com (who could go wrong with Bisquick?) and they have this cool recipe finder. I typed in that I had a can of peach pie filling and clicked find a recipe. Up popped this simple recipe for fruit cobbler.

Fruit Cobbler for Two:
1 cup fruit pie filling, (apple, peach, cherry or blueberry)
1/2 cup Bisquick mix
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon butter or margarine, softened

Heat oven to 400. Divide pie filling between 2 ungreased 10-ounce custard cups. Stir remaining ingredients until soft dough forms. Spoon half of dough onto pie filling in each custard cup. Sprinkle with additional sugar if desired. Bake 15-18 minutes or until topping is light brown.

**I made a double batch since I had about 2 1/3 cups of pie filling. I put the cobblers in 7-ounce corningware dishes and they were the perfect size. We each had one and have two left over. While they were baking I kept a close eye on them...they were wonderful looking. I ran to grab the camera to show all of you my peach cobbler masterpiece...and ......I turned the camera on and.....the light started blinking and then it turned off. The battery was dead! I grabbed the spare battery and it was dead too! So close your eyes and imagine amazing little peach cobblers. Lightly browned on top...and then imagine me eating this delicious dessert. Are you drooling yet? You would be if the camera battery wasn't dead.

4 comments:

Linda said...

I love getting recipes online.

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Mmm...I AM drooling. I'm also a tad shocked you've never made a pie! It isn't as hard as I thought it would be, though it definitely isn't fast. I probably would have just eaten the pie filling plain :)

Lisa said...

I have an internet site I use all the time for recipes. It's called: www.allrecipes.com Your cobbler sounds yummy! I love cobbler!!

Peter and Mandy said...

I know how to make pie, just not from scratch. I make a great fresh strawberry pie, but I count on a frozen pie crust to help me out.

Lisa thanks for the internet site, I'm going to bookmark it.