Sunday, June 14, 2009

Date Night

Peter and I went out for a date night Saturday night. It was really quite fun. It was my turn to pick where we were going. So we headed to Boomers for a round of miniature golf. But first we stopped in San Marcos for dinner at restaurant row. We were looking for a Thai place, but couldn't find it. So we picked Old California Mining Company. We had the Tri-Tip dinner for two. It included a trip to the salad bar, veggies, a baked potato and more than enough meat for the two of us. It was really good! Then we headed to the Boomers in Vista. The Vista Boomers has a pirate themed golf area.

Since we forgot our camera on our outing, Peter decided to thrill you all with his wonderful drawings. (Plus we know how much you all love his drawings...I think they're kind of better than pictures anyway.) So here's how our game went for the first 6 holes.

Then somehow Peter's luck turned and he managed to get a hole in one on one of those nearly impossible ant hills. And yes he did walk around with his finger in the air for awhile.

So in the end, he kicked my butt. But we all had fun. Here's our score card. It was a great date night!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I think we will have to try that restaurant. Sounds yummy!! I LOVE Peter's stick drawings as you know :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mandy,

That Boomers is very fun. I can't believe that you got married almost 2 years ago. We really should do lunch some time this summer.

Gretchen said...

Pictures are awesome!! Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I haven't gone mini golfing in forever. We should get a group together sometime and go!

Kira said...

I think you need to always put up the stick figures, they always make me laugh!

Unknown said...

those picture are hilarious! if we ever go to boomers, greg always insists we go to tommy's for a big sloppy chili burger! mmmmm