Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Wild Animal Park

Saturday we made it back to the Wild Animal Park, on our previous trip I fainted, so I was extra cautious this trip and didn't stand in any lines. We walked through the Lorikeets (our favorite) and I fed them again. At one point I had 7 birds on me and for the longest time I had one on my hat. After that we went on the African Safari tour, where we took pictures of several animal rear ends. We said hello to the lions, then stopped next to the water playground for lunch and watched the kids get soaking wet. By this time I was running out of steam. We walked to the elevator and rode that to the top floor and then got a nice cold lemonade which Laurel dumped all over the table. I sipped what was left and then we headed for the petting corral which was where everyone else was. We also got a lemonade icee which I did a good job at devouring. Then we headed home and left the others to play. Peter and I renewed our passes and upgraded to the Diamond Package so now we get free parking at the wild animal park. We also get four free guest passes instead of two (we gave Sean and Amy our two guest passes so they got into the park free, we also gave them our old membership cards so they could get on the rides for free too, since we had a new paper document). There's a couple of other benefits too. I just love having a pass so I don't feel like I have to spend all day long at the park. We stayed maybe three hours and then headed home, which was great because I needed a nap! Here's some fun pictures we took:
Sean, Peter and Chris from behind. Sean is the only one wearing a manly backpack. And for the record Peter insisted on carrying mine...he did eventually carry it like a backpack so it looked slightly more manly.
I love the look on Kirk's face here. He didn't want to get too close, just wanted to look.

By the end of the day I really wanted a nap too.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds and looks like fun! By the way, Kira's Grandpa Shaw read Fred's blog and now knows you are expecting. He told me to congratulate you. He's very excited and happy for you and referred to you as his "girl" also :)

Kira said...

LOVE the picture of you and the birds!!!!!!

Stephen John McCuen said...

I had to laugh when you mentioned Peter carrying yourbackpack like a purse. Stephen insists on carrying my purse, how manly is that?