Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day at Sea World


It's been awhile since we last posted. I checked the date of the last post and it was my birthday. Well with the power outage I got the day off of work paid...pretty good present don't you think?! I had a great birthday...I turned 30 yikes! My mom watched Connor while Peter and I went out to dinner. It was a great birthday and it made it a three day weekend for us yay!!
Peter made this cake for me
I like to feed myself



Yesterday was General Atomics Day at Sea World. So of course we went. Our tickets were$17 each and we each received a $15 voucher for food. For dinner we had a full rack of ribs, fries, veggies and a Mediterranean salad. We received 94 cents back from our vouchers. We also upgraded to a year pass for $40 each. That is my kind of deal!

Here I am touching these strange creatures

The seals were fun too
Watching the turtles
Inside one of the aquariums
The Shamu show changes every now and then...the big obvious change is the trainers no longer go in the water with the whales, which is a bummer, but we all understand. Here's a video of the four performers. (Gotta love the conversation Peter and I have. And in case you miss it there's four whales because of the baby.)
Here's the baby whale showing off his tricks.


We had a fun day at Sea World. Connor had a blast! We will be going back soon.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Loved the video of Connor eating and touching the star fish. He's getting so big!! I can't believe you are 30!!! I miss the days when Fred worked at Qualcomm & Kyocera and they would have employee days for great deals and we would always upgrade our pass also. I wish we had that opportunity again. I'm glad you do and were able to take advantage of it. I LOVE Seaworld!

Kira said...

Love that baby whale. I'm totally sad the trainers don't go in the water anymore ... I get it .... but it was just so cool to see.