Sunday, August 12, 2012

Moving Day

Saturday morning bright and early we started to move our stuff out.  Peter picked up the rental truck at 7am.  By 8am they started filling it up.  At 8:30 people from the ward came to help.  It all disappeared so quickly.  I ran to the store and picked up doughnuts (apparently a must have for moving) and popsicles because it was just so darn hot!  The popsicles were a major hit!  Then just about everyone ventured over to the new house to help unload the truck.  From what I heard, they had a great assembly line leading from the truck to the garage and had the truck empty in very little time.  I stayed back and Rebecca and I loaded boxes with the odds and ends stuff that got left behind.  The condo is now 99% empty.  All that remains is some laundry soap, mops and a few pans that we forgot to pack up.

We'd like to send out a HUGE THANK YOU to all that helped us move.  We really appreciated it!

In the move we only broke one frame-a small casualty.  Though today Peter went to church with sneakers on as he forgot to pack dress shoes, and he borrowed a tie from my dad.  We also have no idea where our cell phone charger is.  But thankfully my brother had an old one that fit perfectly.

2 comments:

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Sounds like a crazy weekend! Glad you had lots of help, cause when you don't it really bites (don't I know it).

Lisa said...

Yikes! Did Fred call you back? It was crazy and he forgot and so did I. I feel terrible. It's just crazy right now with the wedding and his marathon training and it was the last Saturday before the wedding. Kira got here today :)