Sunday, March 3, 2013

Painting adventures

So we haven't posted in awhile because not much has changed.  Last week was the indy 500 and Frank really wanted to watch that, so he was here briefly on Saturday and then a couple hours on Sunday and then he didn't come this weekend as his wife wanted him to finally finish installing the floor in their mudroom.  So the bathroom looks roughly like it did before.  Frank did put mud on the walls and texture and then my mom came and painted primer and a coat of color.  When I bought the paint color I thought for sure it was going to be too light.  My mom was convinced it would be too light too, but as she painted she quickly realized it was going to turn out to be too dark. 
It was much more blue than we wanted.  The accent tile is gray with hints of blue in it.  As the paint dried it turned out to be about two shades darker than we wanted.  So we went back to the paint deck and tried again.  This time we're going more gray. 
We picked these three samples to experiment with.  The top is a gray that turns blue, the middle is a gray that turns purpleish and the last is a gray that turns brown.
I like this one the best.
 
This one is my mom's favorite.
I think we're going with my favorite and hoping it turns out okay. 
Peter also spent Saturday on a really tall ladder painting our living room ceiling and then cutting in on the walls.  We also made our usual stop to Home Depot to buy more supplies for next weekend.  If all goes according to plan now...the bathroom will look a bit closer to done by the end of next weekend.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You two amaze me!!! I wish Fred would do all this on the weekends!