Saturday, September 5, 2015

My Quiet Book is finally done!

For the time being...the quiet book that I've been working on forever is relatively done.  My sewing machine had a hard time going over the thickness of the felt and the backing and sometimes 3-4 layers of felt, so some of these I cheated and hot glued together. 
The complete pages so far are:
*Mailbox that opens with a snap and contains mail, also the flag moves up and down.
*Clock with moveable hands and velcroed numbers.
* Pizza with toppings (toppings are stored between the crust and the cheese).
*Mr and Mrs. Potato Head and the bucket of parts.
*Ice cream cone (big blue pocket on front to hold parts).
*Head with hair to braid, put clips in, etc.  Ribbon holds clips when not in the hair.
*Dump truck that holds boulders and really dumps.
*Shoe tying
*Garbage truck-the back opens, the cans open and are velcroed on.  Inside each can contains trash for the truck.  Black-trash, Blue-paper, bottle, and Green-grass and a branch with leaves.  This was my favorite one to make and I know it's going to get a lot of use from a little boy who is still fascinated with garbage trucks.

In the works but currently on the back burner are:
*tic tac toe
*barn with animals
*street scene with cars/buses
*page with zippers, buttons, buckles, etc.
I also need to figure out how I'm going to connect them together.  I tried sewing buttonholes but the fabric was too thick and the thread kept on jamming...so frustrating!

 I got several of these ideas online and then used my cricut and several cartridges to make templates and then cut out the felt.

I got the dump truck pattern from this site:
http://www.imagineourlife.com/2012/01/03/dump-truck-quiet-book-page/

No comments: