Sunday, December 27, 2015

Gifts finished just in time

So I started these stockings in December of 2013 as Chloe was just an infant.  I didn't finish them then, and we used random stockings that year.  Then 2014 came and went and we used unfinished stockings.  That brings us up to Christmas Eve 2015 I decide it's time to actually finish them.  I went to my mom's house as she's making Christmas Eve dinner (not the best time I know) and beg for help.   She, being the amazing, wonderful, loving person that she is, finished the machine sewing of the cuffs so all I had to do was the hand sewing while they were inside out and then they were done.  Whew!  Next year we'll have one more to add to the mix, but if I wait until the last second it might not get done for a few years :)
 Another project I worked on and finished are these cute aprons for the kids.  I had planned on making two for each of them and have the fabric to do so, but ran out of time and decided one was plenty for now.  They're both reversible, which I love.  I didn't follow a pattern, I halfway used a child's apron from my childhood and one from Home Depot to get the rough idea.  They are in no way perfect, but the kids love them so that's what matters.
I also finished tying knots in a truck blanket for Connor's bed.  I just need to sew the sides and that will be done and I can start working on a blanket for Chloe's big girl bed.

I have Peter home for the week, so we're tackling some of the bigger projects on our to do list.  Mainly turning our pink crafty room into Chloe's new room.   Buying closet organizers and installing in Chloe's new closet and ordering a mattress and box spring for her big girl bed that my mom is sanding and repainting from my childhood.

I have been in a real nesting mood lately as I've cleaned and organized the shelves in the play room closet and have been organizing clothes bins.  I organized my closet and found missing gifts for Peter's dad, father's day gifts we made last year for my dad and Peter, two new church outfits for Connor and some gifts for Peter's brothers.  I either need to stop buying gifts months in advance, or stop hiding them in my closet as I forget about them.  Then on the other hand part of our closet will hold our craft supplies now, so perhaps it'll be harder to hide/lose items now.

No comments: