Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Potty Training

Last Wednesday I started potty training Chloe.  I set the timer for every 10 minutes and when it went off we would sit on the potty.  She got to choose the big potty or the little potty.  Most times she chose the little potty.  I made sure she was well hydrated and would need to go more frequently.
After 4 accidents in her pants, she finally got some pee in the potty.  And thus the successes began!  She was able to go pee a couple more times in the potty and then had one more accident outside while playing with bubbles.  Late in the afternoon she would go to the potty without being told.  I went to check on her and found her asleep on the potty.
 Day 1 ended pretty successfully!
Thursday was even more successful.  Chloe no longer liked or needed the 10 minute reminders.  She took herself to the potty when she felt she needed to go.  Day 2 ended with only one accident.
Day 3 she fell asleep on the potty again.
She also had a great time playing while sitting.  She brought in a planter bucket and a shovel and made an interesting hat.  She also tipped it upside down and banged on it like a drum. 
She enjoyed wearing her helmet because potty training can be dangerous :)
So dangerous, she felt the need to bandage her fingers up.
Days 3-6 she kept her pants dry...Yesterday (day 7) she wet herself 3 times while at my parents' house.  Two times were excusable...she made it to the bathroom, but needed help getting on the potty and couldn't hold it long enough.  So I say she is potty trained for using the little potty.  Now I need to work on the big potty and take a step stool with me wherever I go.

No comments: