Saturday, July 12, 2008

Mr. Handyman


On Thursday Peter and his dad installed a set of shelves that were in my bedroom when I was growing up. Here's Peter showing how strong he is. He's so strong he can lift up the shelf with one finger :)

While preparing to install we realized we needed to do a Home Depot trip for screws and a trip to my parents' house for cinder blocks to rest the shelf on until we found the right height. Somehow we decided that Peter and his dad would go to Home Depot while I picked up the blocks....Woa did I pick the wrong equipment to carry. Those cinder blocks weigh a ton! I hefted them into my car and then up a flight of stairs to our front porch, where I stopped. When the guys got home they told me I should have left them in my car and they would've brought them up for me. I was superwoman!

Peter and his dad enjoyed playing with the laser level, electric drill and all those other fun manly tools. Now I get to take my bears out of the trash bags they have been living in the past year and put them back out on display. Perhaps I'll even share and let Peter put some of his airplanes on the shelves. We'll post a picture when we have the shelves all arranged.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I love those shelves. Did your Dad make those for you? Good job on the installation Peter.

Lindsay said...

This post leaves me jealous for shelves like that at my house. The one thing we always seem to be running out of is shelf space. Have fun arranging them! (That's my favorite part!)

Peter and Mandy said...

Yes my dad made those shelves for my sister though. They were in her room until she moved out. Then her room became my room and they were mine until I moved out. Then my room became my brother's room and he didn't want the shelves. So my dad and brother took them down and delivered them to our house, now they're mine again!

Kira said...

Oh you manly man Peter! It is probably nice to have your shelves up again! Love you