Monday, July 28, 2008

You would not believe the language I discovered I could speak!

So last night as we were getting ready for bed, I tried giving Peter a kiss. As I was pulling him close I realized he had ACT mouthwash(recommended by 4 out of 5 dentists) in his mouth. At which point I pushed him back and said, "that could be a disaster." With ACT still in his mouth, Peter uttered mmm mmm mmmm! I responded, "No we can't try." He tried not to laugh at my amazing ability to comprehend him and then responded with mmmmm? I said, "No." He appreciated our non verbal communication. He then spit out the ACT and told me that he couldn't believe I knew what he was saying word for word. So for those that want to know, the conversation was:
Peter: We can try!
Mandy: No we can't try.
Peter: Please?
Mandy: No.
And thus we see by using effective communication as a married couple we can avoid getting mouthwash in the bed.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

This reminds me of conversations I used to have with one of my freshman-year roommates communicated solely with our eyebrows. I was surprised at how much we actually were able to convey to each other!

Lisa said...

That is funny!! You gave me my first smile this morning.