Saturday, May 23, 2009

A Berry Fun Time!

Today we went to the Carlsbad Strawberry Fields and picked our own strawberries. We invited Mary and the girls to go with us. We all had a ton of fun. Claire enjoyed snacking on the strawberries as we picked them. She ate the stem and all. She even tricked us all when we told her to put the strawberry in the bucket. She put her hand in the bucket with the berry in her hand and then she pulled it back out and shoved it in her mouth as fast as she could.

Check out Peter's hair :) It was a bit windy today.

This weekend Camille has "All Star Wizard Bear" she keeps it for the weekend and writes down what she does with the bear. She gets to tell her class that she picked strawberries with the bear.
Afterwards we went to the Carlsbad Outlet. We came back empty handed, but Mary got some really cute outfits for the girls. We enjoyed going to Carters and Osh Kosh B Gosh. The baby stuff was soooo cute!
Here are some lillies that we planted from bulbs. We had too many bulbs, that I basically just over crowded them. Some grew really tall (the dark pink ones) some grew medium height (light pink) and some of the light pink ones barely grew at all and then started flowering. I think next year I'll dig them up and give them a little more space. We totally love the flowers and were well worth the purchase.
Aren't they beautiful!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Your flowers are beautiful and the strawberries look yummy!!

KC Witkamp said...

wow, can you help me with our tiny tiny garden?
I want to go pick up strawberries too!!!

Fred ... said...

I love your lily's they're such pretty flowers. I like Peters hair. It won't be too long before he won't have to worry about his hair in the wind. I have no problem with the wind in my hair.

Lindsay said...

How fun! I wish we lived near a you-pick farm.

melissa @ 1lbr said...

I have been craving lilies in my garden. I think I need a house before I decide to buy flowers and plant them.