Monday, August 10, 2009

Out of Order

I just got back from an interesting adventure. I went to Costco-normally an adventure, but for today I just got what I needed and left. Then I went to the gas station because I was seriously low on gas. There were three pumps on each side. I pulled in to the first spot and then noticed the lady in the second spot was leaving and the spot in front of her was open. So me being the nice person drove up to the front spot to fill up my tank. I swipe my credit card, push a few buttons and then the screen says to push the button for the grade of fuel and then remove the nozzle. Okay so far this sounds pretty normal right? So I go to grab the nozzle and....IT WASN'T THERE! I stand there a little dumb founded at the situation and clearly there was no nozzle, so I cancel the transaction, close the gas tank and pull to the other side. Here there are three stations again, two clearly marked with yellow out of service bags and the third....wait could it be???? It was missing the nozzle too. Luckily this time I noticed before putting my card into the machine. Okay slightly weird here! I pull back around to my previous side and go to the second spot and fill my tank. While I am there a lady pulls into the front spot. Her dad walks over from another pump and they start chatting. She goes to put her credit card in the machine and I tell her that the nozzle in missing. (Though I was tempted to watch and see how far she got before she noticed the missing nozzle.) They both look and start laughing. I mean really if the station is out of order they put the yellow bags around the nozzle to let everyone know not to use those pumps. Apparently they don't know what to do when nozzles go missing...no sign or anything. I think they all have hidden cameras and watch the people one after the other go and find out for themselves and bust up laughing in the background.