Friday, August 28, 2009

Wicked/Luau


Last Saturday we went and saw Wicked at the Civic Center. It was great, except for the seats. We had the stair railing in front of us so we had to slouch to see between the bars. As long as we didn't focus on the railing, we hardly noticed it, we were also sitting really far in the back. We went with Chris, Mary and Laurel. Chris made the comment as we were sitting in our seats, "If there's a sudden change in cabin pressure, air masks will drop from the ceiling..." We were about 7 rows from the very back. People around us were using binoculars. We had fun! While we were there we went ahead and bought tickets to see The Lion King in a couple of months. Apparently if you buy tickets directly at the civic center you bypass the $2.50 per ticket service charge as well as the $6.75 per ticket, ticketmaster charge. I think we'll buy from the civic center from now on.

Then tonight Peter and I went to a Luau! While honeymooning in Hawaii, we were bummed that we missed the Luau there, so Peter found one near here. It was down on Shelter Island. The food was amazing and the entertainment was great! Here's the menu:
I tried a bit of everything except the green salad, salmon and white fish. For dessert it was hard to tell what each dish was so I just grabbed one. I ended up eating pineapple upside down cake, Peter had mango cheese cake.

It was a bit dark so we didn't try to take any pictures, so here's Peter's famous stick drawings. He had to add a few "features" to his drawings, after all they were all wearing skirts. :)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I loved Wicked when Alycia & I saw it! The Luau sounds fun and I love the stick people :)

Fred ... said...

I like the coconuts.