Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

We had a great weekend! First of all it was a whole whopping three days for me, four for Peter. We both were thrilled to have some relaxing/fun time. I went to work Friday while Peter got stuff ready for our camping trip. I came home, packed up some stuff and then we headed off to borrow some camping gear from my parents. Then we drove to San Onofre State Beach where we met up with Chris, Mary and the girls. They got there a bit before us and had already set up camp. They had a big three bedroom tent and had brought Claire's portable crib. We had a two man tent that I put up by myself in about 10 minutes or less. We were cozy.
Claire spent the majority of the time eating dirt.
Peter made kabobs for dinner for the adults. The kids had hot dogs made over the camp fire. They were delicious!
Camille and Ellie were excited that we were there. They saw the camera and struck a pose.
Saturday morning we had pancakes, eggs and bacon. Then we headed down to the beach. The girls loved playing in the sand. Claire hated the beach water and especially the waves. Mary tried to put her down and she was like an infant on fresh cut grass. She didn't want to be put down. Her legs instantly shot back up. It was funny. We didn't have to worry about her going into the water, she kept her distance. At one point they all got hungry, but they had super sandy hands, so we were feeding the girls some Cheetos. I love the expression on Claire's face here.

Saturday afternoon we headed home and relaxed. Monday we got up early and headed to Home Depot and Lowes and bought redwood. Then we headed over to my work and built four garden boxes. Next weekend I have a few parents helping me shovel dirt/mulch into the boxes. My students are really excited to go out and plant the garden again. (We had four boxes planted last year, but had to take them apart to move out a temporary building.)

3 comments:

Fred ... said...

What a fun weekend, those kabobs look real good.

Kira said...

How Fun!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MANDYKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can you send me your address again in an email so I can mail your gift?

Lisa said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Those kabobs really do look good :)