Sunday, May 16, 2010

Revealing the news

So a couple years back I saw Target had baby socks in the dollar bins and they just so happened to have Winnie the Pooh, and being a Pooh fan I just had to buy them. Now every time I go to Target I check the bins to see if they have any new socks that I don't already have. I use these to give to friends having babies or to go along with an outfit that I have bought for baby showers.

Well since we came up with a cute way to announce our little secret to our parents, we thought we would share it. Now our announcement came earlier than we expected only because I was supposed to go to the dentist and have x-rays taken and they always ask if you're pregnant before hand because they won't do the x-rays if you're pregnant. Well I was and I was only 7 weeks but there was no way I was going to tell my dentist before my parents. So we headed over to my parents' house two days before my dentist appointment and took a small envelope with us. I gave the envelope to my parents and told them to open it. Inside the envelope were some Pooh baby socks and a post-it that said, "These might come in handy in November." They both looked at me and said, "Does this mean what I think it means?" "Yes." Needless to say they were both excited and for the rest of the night all we talked about were baby things.

Now telling Peter's family was a bit different. I asked if we should do it the same way and he said they wouldn't want baby socks. Just telling them would be good. He said he would take care of that announcement. So we went over for Easter dinner. (We would've told the week prior but it was Mary's birthday and she had guests over so we decided to wait.) So we're all sitting down at the dinner table. Peter's mom is telling us all this funny story about how her mother was stuck in Sherry's bathroom and it took Sherry and her two expecting daughters to pick his grandma back up. At this point Peter cuts in and says, "Speaking of expecting, Mandy is too." This was followed by a few screams and Diana asking me four times if I was pregnant. It was a pretty funny night.

3 comments:

Fred ... said...

I still smile every time I think of you having a baby. Pretty cool. I think your announcement was much more original than Peters announcement.

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

OH FUN! haha :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Piglet socks!

Kira said...

funny funny funny!!! I am in town now!