Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day

For Father's Day Peter, Connor and I made these super studly shirts. Peter had no idea that one of them was going to be his. I came up with this idea on my way to work...someone riding a bike had a shirt on that said "Best Dad in the world hands down" and had his kid's hand prints on it. Since my dad likes wearing t-shirts with paint on them (I've created a few for him, by his request-he was actually wearing one with lizards on it on Sunday when we showed up), I decided this was a great plan. So anyways I told Peter of my plan to make one for my dad and he thought it was a great idea. I told my mom I was going to do one for my dad and one for Peter and I would make the one for Peter at my parents' house. So I went about with my ingenious plan. Only problem was I bought the two shirts and then Peter saw them. So with some quick thinking, I told Peter I bought two shirts in case the first shirt didn't turn out well. He thought that was a good idea.
So we made two shirts and up until Saturday night Peter had no clue one was his. In fact, he came over to the table to see what I was doing and noticed that the yellow one was signed "love Connor and the blue one was not. He didn't notice that the blue one said daddy instead of grandpa. I pointed it out to him and he got really excited.

Here's the artist and his Father's Day creations

I also made some really cute Father's Day cards with my Cricut. All the daddy's were impressed with their cards. Peter took his to work.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Adorable & Creative!