Monday, January 30, 2012

Saturday

Saturday Peter and his dad participated in the annual Dutch Oven Cook-Off in Old Town as part of the Mormon Battalion Celebration. They participate every year and win fun prizes. This year Peter made cinnamon rolls which took first place in the bread category, David got best in show for his egg rolls and they also made a cake, but it was a hot day so the person who made the ice cream won for the dessert category. All in all they came home with $100 worth of gift certificates to two restaurants in Old Town.

While they were gone I stayed back and was supposed to go to a baby shower...however, Connor was getting a bit cranky at 11 and I knew he wouldn't last much longer, so we skipped the shower and he took a nice long nap. When he woke up he "helped" me plant flowers on our balcony. I would plant the flower and he would promptly pull it out of the dirt. He also thought the buckets had too much soil in them, so he fixed that by pulling out handfuls of soil and throwing it on the ground. He also thought he would try a few tastes of it too. He was such a helpful little guy.
The phone rang and I slipped my shoes off and ran inside. Connor didn't know that it is polite to take your dirty shoes off before entering the house. He followed me in and tracked mud everywhere.
I thought it was a little ironic that he stopped to play with the vacuum cleaner.
I'm so helpful!
Saturday night we had dinner with my parents. After dinner my mom pulled out these fun toys. Bubba had to show Connor how to go through the tunnel. Once he warmed up to it, he was going through constantly. He was excited to play with the tepee and tunnels today too.
Daddy wanted to play with the tunnels too.
I think he's having fun.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

What a fun day! I saw Peter and said "Hi"

Sian said...

Silly Boys! I can't believe Conner's wearing shorts! I am SO jealous! I thought Will not wearing his heavy jacket today meant it was warm but I guess not :).