Thursday, November 8, 2012

In Loving Memory

When I went to pick Connor up after work today my dad told me that Gracie died this morning.  Last night we noticed her breathing kind of hard and she didn't get up to play with Connor outside.  My dad took her to the vet first thing this morning and the vet wasn't going to be in until about 9am.  He was told to take her to the Emergency vet.  He did and they ran some tests and took x-rays and found a large cancerous tumor on her heart.  He was told they could drain some of the liquid to help alleviate some of the pressure she was feeling, but the prognosis wasn't good.  She didn't have much time left.  While waiting to do more tests she passed away. 

Connor took my dad out in the yard twice today to look for dog poop. 
Best Buddies
She liked to keep a close eye on Connor and she LOVED to swim.
 She would've been 10 years old next week.
 We love you Gracie!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I am so sorry Mandy and Connor!

Sian said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. I cried and cried when our dog, Cocoa passed away a few years ago.

Lisa said...

Mandy, I am so sorry. It's hard to lose a pet. They truly become a part of the family. We still get teary when we think about Bridget.