Monday, April 14, 2008

Crazy freaky day

Okay now I am one that will fully admit to the world that I am terrified of most bugs, lizards, snakes, spiders, basically if it jumps, slithers, or stings I'm probably terrified of it. So that leads me to todays adventures. I was walking out of my building on my way to the office (I work at a Montessori school) when a dark colored snake crossed my path. It went across the sidewalk and into the bushes and boy it was moving fast. I ran back into my building and grabbed another teacher. We both went out to look, but couldn't find it. I had to go to the office and report that I saw a snake. By law we have to call 911 even if it isn't a rattle snake, since it is a school with a bunch of children. Also one of the primary buildings had their door open and that is the exact direction the snake was going, but we don't think it went inside. When the fire department showed up, I described the snake and where it
was going. They looked and batted the bushes and went inside but didn't find anything. They said it was probably a gardner snake. They were all on their merry way again, when it was dismissal time and the children were all lining up on the sidewalk. We all walked past a planter and I swear I saw another/perhaps the same one again. I told the teacher who was standing right there and then I ran to wave down the fire department. They came back and looked again but didn't find anything. They found a black piece of the sprinkler system and said, "is this what you saw." I told them I wasn't stupid, what I saw was thicker and it moved. They left once again empty handed. The primary teachers all believe me and they are keeping their eyes open and their doors shut. The elementary teachers think I'm nuts. They call me the crazy snake lady now. One of the elementary teachers came up behind me and grabbed me. I jumped three feet into the air and screamed. I didn't find it nearly as funny as she did. Needless to say I went home early and have been trying to get my heart rate back to normal.

1 comment:

Kira said...

and to think that you are a gardner! :-) Actually that would really freak me out too, but I might just call you crazy snake lady from now on ... what do you think?