Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Vacation Day 2-The preparation

So Tuesday was another fun day. We ran errands in preparation for days 3-5. We decided that yes we are going to go to Big Bear and go skiing. Except Peter didn't have any snow clothes. Now how does one manage to live in Utah for four years and not have any snow gear? He was shocked to see how much gear I have and I've never lived any place that got snow. So we headed over to my parents' house and borrowed everything under the sun to have fun in the snow. We're even taking my dad's 4 wheel car with chains...though we figure the roads will be plowed, it's just in case.

We're driving up this afternoon so we get there before dark. We'll stroll around town awhile, spend the night and head up to ski school in the morning. Peter has never gone skiing before, and since I don't want to ski alone, we'll both be in ski school. Which means our lift ticket will only be for the beginner lifts, but that's okay. That just means that I'll fall less often.

A funny: I tried on my ski bib that I bought when I was 12 (first experience with skiing), and it still fit. I had to let the shoulder straps out a few inches, but other than that it still fits.

So the adventure begins today and we'll be back sometime on Friday...unless we have so much fun that we stay another day....by Saturday I should put up another post...with lots of pictures. I mean really Peter will be wearing a blue ski bib, a purple/blue jacket, an orange beenie, and snow goggles...That picture alone will be worth a few laughs :)

3 comments:

melissa @ 1lbr said...

12? Ugh. I don't think I kept anything I wore from then (really, the early 90s were not kind to me). And I am most excited to see Peter with an orange beanie...

Gretchen said...

Sounds like it's going to be a fun trip! Can't wait to see the pictures and I agree with the first comment I am also excited to see Peter with an orange beanie. Have fun!!

Kira said...

good ... so now you can come up here and go skiing on a real hill :-)