Saturday, February 21, 2009

Vacation Day 6- Fun adventures

You know it's time to cut your hair when:
a-You slammed the car door on your hair, not once, not twice, but three times in the same day. Yes I know that takes talent :)
b-You can't get a comb/brush/your fingers through your hair to make it look decent for the day.
c- No amount of conditioner helps either.
d-You remember the last time it was cut...that was a year ago.
e-All of the above :)

So yes I got my hair cut today. I loved it long, but that came at a price...seriously the car door was quite obnoxious. Now it is a bit shorter and layered and I love it.

I also got out in the garden today. I went to my parents' house and swiped two of their pots and brought them home. Then I went back later with left over plants. I planted some flowers around my Satsuma tree that Peter and I planted a couple weeks ago. While watering the tree (which at the moment is just a baby tree) the ground started to move. I took my hose away and up popped two little heads. They were two baby bunnies and apparently I was soaking their burrow which was underneath my tree. Both bunnies stared at me a little bit and then one took off running. The second one took its time to dry off and then hopped over to the fence and stayed there for awhile. We went inside and came out later and it was gone. They were cute, but I hope they don't ruin my satsuma tree. (Click on the picture, the bunny is hiding in the corner of the wooden fence in the shadow.)

This was too good to pass up. After finding our rose in full bloom when we returned, we also noticed a couple more buds. Then we went to my parents' house. The roses in front of the house are ready to bloom. Check out all the buds on this plant. There are at least 20. Spring is near :)

5 comments:

Keeper of the Blog said...

Can I tell you how jealous I am of the weather in San Diego? It is sooo still winter here in Utah--I don't expect to see anything growing until April at least.

Kira said...

seriously I think we will always be on the same hair track! I am 3 months short of a year and I am getting it cut on tuesday. (I am going short though) What a beautiful deck garden!

Lisa said...

Love your garden and would love to see your hair. Your Christmas gift I brought back from Kira is still here.

KC Witkamp said...

that's why you looked different today at church. cute
I should cut my hair too, some times while sleeping I pull it and that wakes me up.haha

Fred ... said...

I love the bunny story. That guy in the corner does NOT look happy. I love all the flowers.