Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Kitchen Accident

So I was watching TV and Peter was in the kitchen with a knife. There was a crash, followed by a scream. I ran to get the camera instead of the car keys (my hubby picked a real winner :) ) What did he just do? Here's the picture:


Okay so my initial reaction was, "Are you okay?" When he started laughing, "It looks like bloody murder in the kitchen." I mean really it looks like he chopped part of his toe off and the blood gushed all over the place. Now knowing me, grabbing the camera would've been the last thing I would do if he really was hurt...but I'm not sure I could stomach driving him to the hospital either. Sorry dude you're on your own...only kidding :)...well sort of :) I'd make sure he was wrapped up really good so he wouldn't spill any blood in my car. And also so that I couldn't see it.

Okay so what really happened? Have you figured it out? He was making strawberry shortcake for dessert when he dropped a spatula with strawberry sauce on the floor. It made a large noise, he yelled "OHHHHHHHH!"....followed by laughing and the bloody murder part and then I grabbed the camera. Looks pretty nasty though doesn't it?

3 comments:

melissa @ 1lbr said...

The camera instead of keys? Awesome!

Lisa said...

That is funny and it does look like blood!

Kira said...

I had to do a double take ... I thought that was his toe at first!!! There is a reason you fit right into our family ... we always grab the camera first!