Friday, March 27, 2009

Escalator Fun

Tonight we went out to Casa De Pico in Grossmont for Mary's birthday. Afterward Peter and I decided to go to Target only because they have an escalator for the carts. Well we go in, ride the escalator, look around and come out empty handed. Then we headed over to Walmart in the same shopping center. They too had two floors and had an escalator for the carts. Peter grabbed a cart and wanted to try it out. We found a shirt for Peter's sister and then rode the escalator to the second floor. Everything was all fine and dandy, except it was 10pm and we were both pretty tired, so we decided to head back down to check out. On the escalator ride down the cart got stuck at one point, unstuck itself and kept going down. Then about two feet from the bottom it gets stuck again and makes a terrible noise. Someone came to help and pushed the stop button on the cart escalator. Then that person rode the escalator to the top and found someone else to back up the escalator and try it again. Well it got stuck again. So why not another try. Yup it got stuck again. Then one of the workers starts going down the cart escalator and decides that's not a good idea. He comes down the escalator and tries pulling the cart from the bottom. The dang thing is really stuck! Peter was like, "I just had to try the cart escalator out didn't I?" I asked the guy trying to fix the cart if he could just give us the shirt so we could go check out. He did and while we were checking out I heard the guy finally get the cart unstuck. It was an adventure.

We just found this on Youtube...we were just as stupid, except we didn't have a video camera or a camera of any kind and we broke the escalator!

5 comments:

Kira said...

I want to see that!!!!
p.s. got the presents ... THANK YOU!!! I love the blanket that match my favorite PJ bottoms, and we needed warm fuzzy PJ's for Evan!! Thank you!!

Linda said...

I've never seen (or heard of) a cart escalator before--we're just living in the dark ages here.

Peter and Mandy said...

The funny part was we only had one shirt in the cart. There really was no need for the cart at all, but Peter really wanted to put a cart on the cart escalator, so when it got stuck we felt kind of stupid having just a shirt in it.

Kira-Your welcome. You can laugh at the blanket, as I started that after I finished the PJ shorts...didn't know it would take so long to finish.

I've seen cart escalators only once before. I know a Target in San Jose has one. I got to use it while visiting my sister.

Peter adds: "Rumor has it they're doing a drive-thru Target up in LA :) We have drive-thru nurseries here, why not a Target too."

Lisa said...

I went to that Target once just so I could see the escalator for the carts also :D Where is the drive-thru nursery?

Peter and Mandy said...

The Evergreen nurseries are all drive-thru. There's one by Lake Hodges and there's one off of the 56 in Carmel Valley. You drive around to the different areas, park and pick up whatever you want...then you drive to the exit and tell the people checking out what you have in your trunk. In Jan/Feb we bought a peach tree for Peter's parents' yard, a satsuma tree and a rose bush for my parents and some flowers for our place. I love that place!