Friday, July 16, 2010

Fruit Pizza

For our wedding my mom made me a copy of her cookbook. So every now and then I go through it and pick out my favorites or something new that sounds good to make. Well in the winter I came across fruit pizza and was really bummed out because fruit pizza needs to be made when there is fresh fruit available, so it was put on hold. Tonight we made it. We had some fun with our shapes. Normally you take cookie dough and roll it out to look like a pizza, we decided to make smaller pizzas with fun shapes. They looked nicer before they were cooked.

This was our best turn out...It's a teddy bear
This one is supposed to be a teddy bear, it looks more like a penguin to me.
This one is actually upside down and is supposed to be a rabbit head...but Peter thinks it looks like an elephant behind :)
Our second attempt at a rabbit head ended up looking like a tooth. It was funny.
So basically you take a sugar cookie and put the cream cheese mixture on it...
Then decorate with your favorite fresh fruits and then put an apricot glaze on top.
Then you enjoy!
So yummy!

Fruit Pizza
1 (16-20 oz) package Pillsbury refrigerator sugar cookie dough
8 oz cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
assorted fruits sliced
1/2 cup peach, apricot, or orange marmalade thinned with 1/4 cup water

Spread cookie dough in a 13 in. pizza pan and bake at 375 for 12 minutes. (Or make smaller ones and follow cooking directions on package.) Cool. Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Spread over cooked cookie. Arrange fruit slices on top. Drizzle with thinned jam.

3 comments:

Fred ... said...

That does look good. Now I'm hungry.

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

UM YUM!

Kira said...

I definitely see the elephant, and I can mostly make out the bear :-)