Sunday, July 4, 2010

Squirt's Closet

Yesterday Peter and I went to Home Depot and bought Squirt a closet. We also ran to Frazees with a wet stir stick in hand hoping they could match the color of paint needed to paint the closet. We come home only to find the old can of paint had a sticker with the paint name on it...duh! Oh well we got the right color anyway. The closet is great. We built our closets a few years back and we love the extra storage space, now it's Squirts turn. I wanted drawers to put his clothes in so we wouldn't have to buy a dresser, so drawers we got. Then we put in several shelves to store his toys and a bar for the hanging up clothes that will always be out of his reach, but oh well. When he's able to dress himself, we can always put in a bar lower. We can also add shelves any time we want. I love it. So there's four drawers, top drawer is socks/booties/mittens.
Second drawer is onesies and some pants that a friend gave me.
Third drawer is empty for the time being, but will hold more clothes. And the fourth drawer for now is holding swaddling blankets, and other baby blankets.
My co-worker has two little girls and she gave me all of her gender neutral baby outfits and the swaddling blankets. Another co-worker gave me the pooh booties. I picked up four onesies at the Carters outlet a long time ago to give away as shower gifts...well I didn't give them away, so now they're Squirt's. I got a onesie from a friend, and the three adorable pooh outfits I bought. The one in the middle I bought intending to give away to my sister-in-law, but then she found out she's having a girl...so Squirt gets it, and the two on the outside I picked up Friday. They were just too cute to pass up.
So what it visually looks like is there's a shelf along the top, under that there's a pole across the whole top for hanging up clothes, then on the left side there's a shelf across the entire part followed by the four drawers. On the right side you see besides the two shelves across the whole thing, there are two more shelves for holding toys and such.

Squirt's room is still under construction...that will be left for another post...if I can ever get it clean :)

3 comments:

Kira said...

don't you just love organizing the closet with baby clothes. Next to holding the baby ... it is one of my favorite parts!

Ellen said...

i am sooo jealous of that lovely organized closet!! I am planning to help fill it!! can't wait for that sweet boy to arrive!

KC Witkamp said...

awe Mandy,
I'm so so happy for you