Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Baby Bump

Well here you have it, the baby bump at 25 weeks. I went in this morning and all was well, even got the whooping cough vaccination. Depending on what shirt I wear my belly looks bigger. This shirt doesn't quite do the belly justice, but it is what I am currently wearing, so there you have it.

Some things I remember:

  • 5 weeks started feeling super nauseous. Ate Ritz crackers as soon as I woke up and before I got out of bed. This continued until week 14. Can’t look at Ritz crackers the same way anymore.
  • 6 weeks peed on a stick…I’m pregnant! Went to doctor’s office to make sure…Yep we’re sure!
  • 7 weeks we tell my parents
  • 8 weeks first appointment-saw little Squirt on the ultrasound. He was just two small blobs, one was the head one was the body.
  • 8 or 9 weeks we tell Peter’s family (it would’ve happened earlier but it was someone’s birthday and we wanted to do it in person.)
  • 12 weeks- between 8 and 12 weeks I lost 4 pounds…love the nausea. Also got another ultrasound since we couldn’t hear the heartbeat…but we saw it on the screen.
  • 13 weeks we announce our news publicly.
  • 14 weeks nausea seems to end. Though the puking intensified. Clothes were getting a bit tighter, but I had very little to show for it.
  • 15 weeks I go maternity shopping with my mom, because my pants/shorts no longer fit.
  • 16 weeks I finally start to show. Between 12 and 16 weeks I gain back the weight I lost plus a little more.
  • 18 weeks or so I start to feel something. Is it gas bubbles or is it Squirt?
  • 19 weeks we find out Squirt is a BOY! And boy is he active. Starting to definitely feel the kicks and moving of a little boy.
  • 20 weeks still throwing up at night…doctor is not worried as I am still gaining weight. Due date is moved up to November 7th.
  • 22 weeks have horrible backache one night, that weekend I have a boppy body pillow…my new best friend. Also started a registry at Babies R Us.

  • End of 23 weeks-Summer finally kicks in…don’t even think about turning that fan down, if you’re cold, then put a blanket on, I’m HOT!!!!
  • 23-24 weeks almost make it 2 weeks without puking…almost! Wake up in the middle of the night every night to pee.

Other news: A new niece was born yesterday, her name is Heidi Joy (they swiped my girl's name).


7 comments:

Lisa said...

You look so darn cute!!! I didn't know they had moved up your due date - WOW!! That's exciting. It doesn't matter if they swiped your name. You can still name a little girl Heidi. As you get older you realize those things don't matter. You name your babies what you want to name them and they will think it's pretty cool they have a cousin with the same name :) Look at the McPhies!!

Stephen John McCuen said...

Why can't I look like that? You look AMAZING!

Kira said...

Oh I love it, and I can't wait to see and feel your belly in person! Your so cute!!! Are you going to the reunion? We need to plan a day together! Peter can come to part of it, but I want you alone for most of it :-) (just kidding, he can come to whatever he wants :-)

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

Look how adorable you are! LOVE THE BUMP! If I was there I would rub it :)

Lindsay said...

You look great!

Fred ... said...

It was tough for me to imagine what you would look like but there you are. Pretty darn cute.

Rick and Christie Farnsworth said...

You look great!! I love all the little "milestones" so fun. Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well!