Tuesday, August 3, 2010

PHD room/Nursery and Our Anniversary

I am convinced that everyone has a PHD room/closet/garage/car you name it everyone has one of these somewhere. PHD is the piled higher and deeper space. For the past three years this has been ours. Note this picture looks better than what the room originally looked like. I tried cleaning it as often as I could and then would get overwhelmed by the amount of stuff we had and I would give up. So this is what our PHD room looked like awhile ago. I know we took more pictures than this one, but I can't find them anywhere on our computers, so this will just have to do. So basically we have this spare bedroom and when we first got married we moved all of my stuff into this room and slowly went through it and put stuff away. Whenever we had guests coming over on short notice all of our junk that was downstairs would get thrown into this room and then the door would be closed, so our downstairs generally looked pretty good. This also made cleaning this room that much harder as we were always piling more junk into it. Well the time has come and it's amazing how fast I got it clean when I was motivated to turn it into a nursery.

Look at all that floor space! An empty wall!
The longer it took me to clean the more willing I was to put stuff in a DI (goodwill) box. We made several trips to the DI trailer near our church. I filled a ton of trash bags, took a lot of stuff to work, gave stuff to friends and family and in the end I'm so glad it's all gone! So with the room finally clean it was time to paint and make it look more like a nursery...the more like a nursery is still a work in progress...but the painting is done. I painted the cubby holes of my shelves. My mom took Friday off of work and painted all the walls and then Peter painted the hallway and the closets on Saturday. I helped a tiny bit with one of the closets...then I got tired. Then last night I unpacked all of my bears (7 trash bags full) and placed them back on their shelves. There's a few pictures missing from the bottom two cubbies and then this will be complete.
We love the color. It's called Mother Nature from Behr.
Along the empty wall will be a crib, changing table and a rocking chair. The bedding set is Winnie the Pooh (yeah I know a real shocker). My mom is sewing a valance for the window. The fabric I found so far is yellow with bees on it. Peter wants to paint the bathroom too. He opted for a Sponge Bob theme, I suggested Winnie the Pooh so the whole room would flow. The next morning I found him online looking at different Pooh bathroom essentials. Gosh I love my man! So more posts to follow as the room nears completion....we have 3 months left.

Which brings me to today...August 3, 2010 we celebrate our 3rd anniversary! It's crazy how time flies. I remember the day well. I woke up (after not sleeping much the night before) ran to get my hair done and nearly passed out as my hairdresser made me beautiful. I drove home ate breakfast and flopped down on my mom's bed convinced that I was going to hurl. Kira walks in and sees me flopped on the bed and starts laughing....she had been with me the previous days watching me get all the butterflies and such so she was expecting this. She did my makeup because I hardly ever wear makeup so I really don't know how to do it myself. Plus it was nice having my best friend with me. Then Peter picked us up and drove us to the temple. Where Kira helped me with everything that I could possibly need help with. From there things were a bit of a blur until we came outside and saw all our friends and family waiting for us. Tons of pictures were taken. Here are a few. For even more wedding photos, click on Our Wedding Photos under Other fun links on the right side of our blog.




Girls just wanna have fun!

Kira, Laurel, Me and AbbieChris, Scott, Peter and Sean
As tradition we will be enjoying some Bavarian Cream and Raspberry cake tonight.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Love the room and loved seeing the wedding pictures again. It was a beautiful day. Your mom did such a wonderful job on the dresses. Happy Anniversary to two of my favourite people! Love you both!!

Kira said...

your wedding was seriously sooo much fun!!!! It was such a fun party and a beautiful day. I have a picture of us at your wedding up on my wall that I look at everyday :-)

p.s. love the room

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Congrats on three years! The room looks fabulous.

Lindsay said...

Happy anniversary!!! <--- That's THREE exclamation marks for THREE years! :)

Fred ... said...

That is a lot of bears. Happy Anniversary.