Sunday, August 29, 2010

30 Weeks

Well here's a picture we took today...30 weeks
So a couple little funny stories:
1-Home Depot-A few weeks ago when we were buying stuff to put together the closets a random lady came up to me and started telling me that her momma told her how to determine if someone was carrying a girl or a boy. She asked me if I knew the gender, I said yes, then the conversation got weird. This lady stood there and began to tell me the gender of my baby based off of what her momma told her. She said "my momma said" like 20 times, it was kind of funny, and strange at the same time. She talked to us for a good 15 minutes. At the end of all of her rambling she finally said, "you're carrying a boy." I told her she was right and then she said, "My momma told me that when you're pregnant with a girl you get fat and ugly and girl, you're not fat or ugly." I said thank you very much and then she went on her way. I got a good laugh out of it.

2-Thursday I had a doctor's appointment. I had to take the 1 hour glucose test down at the lab. While walking back to get my blood drawn the guy following me into the room stops and I can tell he's staring at me. I asked if there was anything wrong and he said, "you really don't look pregnant at all from behind." I asked what he meant by that, was I supposed to have a big butt or something? He said, "Well my wife sure did when she was pregnant." I got a good laugh again, then told him my husband said I didn't look pregnant from behind either. I told him I've been skinny my whole life. He said, "you're a skinny sexy pregnant woman." I thanked him and went on my way.

Well the furniture we ordered on Saturday and Tuesday arrived on Friday. Peter couldn't wait to put together the crib and glider. Here he is reading the instructions like a real man.
And here's the glider all done....it rocks, reclines and rocks, and you can lock it in place and then just recline or lock it in a reclined position. I love it!
Here's part of the crib...for part of it he read the directions, then one part he decided to put together out of order. When he tried to put the springs in place they didn't fit quite right.
Mandy-"Guess you should followed the directions."
Peter- "My way still works, I just need to take one screw out on each side, place this in and then put the screw back...my way is still better."
TADA a finished crib, now we just need to get a mattress.
So there you have it, the nursery is coming together.

7 comments:

Kira said...

I'm still laughing!!! I don't think you will ever be fat and ugly!! We'll have to see what happens though when you have a girl. :-)

Fred ... said...

I getting excited. Just a couple of months more. I'm with Peter, who ever reads instructions?

Lisa said...

Love the stories and love the furniture. You are beautiful pregnant or not :)

melissa @ 1lbr said...

I was thinking the same thing when I saw your photo - except for the bump, you look just as skinny as before :)

Ellen said...

love this post! you really do have the most beautiful bump! I was thinking you were the cutest pregnant woman EVER when you were sat yoga like at sian's baby shower!

and that rocker looks divine - nice choice!!

Lindsay said...

People (and by people, I of course mean total strangers) tell you the strangest things when you're pregnant. I hate to say it, but it doesn't stop once the baby's here. :) You look great, though. And go Peter with all the assembling!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

Mandy you actually look BIG! haha for the first time ever :) LOVE THE BELLY! I am so excited for you guys!