Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Shopping

On Saturday morning Peter announced that we needed to go shopping. At first I was like, "What have you done with my husband" (he hates shopping), then I asked what he wanted to go shopping for. He said a rocking chair, so we headed to Babies R Us. I had picked out a reasonably cheap glider online, but am glad I didn't order it. Inside the store, sitting in the 20 some gliders really made a difference as to which one I wanted to buy. The salesperson helping us suggested that we try this one chair that cost $450. We both made a big deal about the price, so the sales person says, "Well since I like you guys so much, you can have this." He gave us a 20% off any one item coupon. We both thought it was funny that he liked us so much...he was with us for all of maybe 5 minutes and liked us so much. Anyway we picked out a glider that was $330, still a large chunk of change, but it's a really nice glider (it also reclines and rocks while it is reclined and has a locking mechanism so you can lock it into position so it won't rock). Well while picking out the glider we found out we could only pick out the same one as was on display, if we wanted different colors we would have to wait 10-12 weeks for the special order and then we wouldn't be able to use our 20% off coupon. So with that said, we decided we liked the one on display and could wait 1-2 weeks. This changed our color scheme a little bit. I had imagined a natural color crib, changing table and glider...well the glider was cherry colored, so we found a crib and changing table to match.

Picking out the crib was a bit different. We also found ones that we liked online, but again it's so much easier to pick out one that you can really see. We walked around the store a couple times and kept coming back to the same crib. There were several that were an almost maybe, but then Peter would give it the shaking test and they failed. The one we picked out not only passed the shaking test (it is super sturdy) but it also passed the weight test (he put all of his weight onto the side and determined it was good quality). We went back today and ordered the crib with another 20% off coupon that I had at home. We saved $68 on the glider and $56 on the crib (my parents are paying for the crib).

Other stuff- Last week my dad called around 7:30 and said he was coming over so stay home. He had a box to deliver. He knocks on our door and says the box is really heavy so Peter goes out to help him bring it in. It was the car seat and stroller set that we wanted. My sister bought it and had it delivered to my parents house. It was pretty darn cool to see it. So Abbie in case you haven't listened to your message machine, or even if you have...THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

Oh yes and I've had requests for more belly bump pictures. Well my aunt and uncle were down this weekend and they took a cute one of Peter and I...they haven't sent it to me yet, but I'll post it when I get it. Or else I'll just pose by myself again....my belly is getting bigger and bigger. So pictures to come on the next post. :)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

How fun to get those big items and how nice of your family to be so generous. I remember when Kira was born my Dad & Granny bought us our crib and it meant so much to me.

Fred ... said...

It's getting closer and we're all getting more and more excited. I can hardly wait.

Kira said...

yeah yeah yeah!!!!