Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Connor's First Haircut!

I took Connor for his first haircut today. This is what he looked like before:
We decided it was time for a haircut mainly because complete strangers keep saying "what a cute little girl you have." So people are either stupid, or our kiddo needed a haircut, or a little of both.

The haircut process went a bit as follows:
1-Hold wiggly head still
2. Give kiddo something to focus on-like a clip to hold.
3. Pause for a quick yawn.
4. Try other positions-perhaps standing will be better.
5. Give kiddo a mirror to entertain himself as the clip is no longer a cool toy.
6. Watch kiddo squeal in delight as he laughs at the little boy smiling back at him.
7. Take kiddo's shirt off as it is completely covered in hair, and try to get the last few stray hairs.
8. Call it a day when kiddo finally melts down.
All in all it was much more successful than I was expecting. My sweet little baby looks a bit older, but I'll take that over "my what a cute little girl you have."

4 comments:

Lisa said...

It's amazing how a hair cut can make them look older. I still think he's adorable :)

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Oh so cute. And it's good he's more boyish, I guess :)

Fred ... said...

What a cute little boy you have.

Kira said...

cute cute cute cute!!!

Evan gets called a girl all the time. I hope it doesn't go to his head :-0