Wednesday, October 19, 2011

We're with the band...

Monday night Peter and I went to the Reunion concert at the Escondido Performing Arts Center. It was for all temple workers and their families. Peter and I are not temple workers, yet we got in because we were with the band. My uncle plays the piano for Reunion. The group has been together for 28 years. Everett has been with them for 24 years. Prior to that they were called The Lettermen. The last concert I went to I was roughly 10 years old. I have heard all of their songs since then and have two of their CD's. So I wasn't surprised when I recognized every single song they sang-with the exception of the very emotional song Rick sang. At one point Peter leaned over to me and asked, "How do you know the words?" My response, "You haven't heard this song before? It's a classic!" It was a great night. I thoroughly enjoyed it. And since we were with the band, we went back stage before hand and met all the singers (well I shook their hands, and recognized them....Peter got to meet them.) Then we went to Will Call and told them that Everett was my uncle and that he had two tickets saved for us. We were asked if we wanted box seats. We said sure! We were in the top box with a front row view. We enjoyed the whole thing.

At the end they announced that they would be back in the same place in February next year. If you buy one ticket, they will give you a second ticket to invite a non-member for free. So if you're in the area and are into classic old love songs, this is for you.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

So cool!! I'm bummed. Fred is a temple worker and tonight he says "Oh, our tickets for the concert are here". He was talking to Alycia and hand them to me. Then I tell him "Ummmm.....this concert was two days ago." I was very disappointed. I'm glad they will be back in February. Keep us posted.

Kira said...

Sounds like FUN!!! Makes me remember our summers with E and P!