Sunday, January 24, 2016

Plants installed

Oh how I love going to nurseries.  What's even better is taking two cars and having Peter go home early so I'm free to load whatever I can in my car (hehehe).  We went to Evergreen Nursery yesterday.  Peter put two mandarin trees in his car and then headed home for a meeting.  Connor and I picked up shade plants, an apple tree that does well in part shade and when the trunk and front passenger seat were full we called it a day.
 These are all shade tolerant plants and I still have a few left to plant and need some more for the top box.

Here are the two mandarin trees and we moved the compost box over.  Now I think we need to put some wood chips/mulch down so I don't have to worry about weeding this area and it'll look nicer.  Peter plans on putting all the fruit trees on one sprinkler circuit and the rest of the gardens on other circuits.  The sprinkler manifold for the backyard is right across from the compost bin, so it's important to keep this area easy to get to. 

No comments: