Sunday, June 15, 2008

New Pets coming soon!

Since our last pet...my rat Smokey died about a month ago we have thought that we need another pet around the house. We need something that lasts awhile, but when it dies you don't feel bad. So we decided on fish. Now my brother just so happens to be totally into fish. He has a 210 gallon salt water tank in my parents' garage. My dad is also into fish. He usually goes and sits all weekend in water waiting for some to bite his bait, but he also has a 60 gallon fresh water tank in his office as well as a much smaller salt water tank.

Now my totally cool and wonderful brother has been selling his saltwater stuff and some of his freshwater stuff too. He has an extra 40 gallon tank and stand that I've been eyeing the last couple of weeks. I had asked my mom about possibly staining the stand a darker color and she said she had the equipment to do it, if my brother sold me the stand and tank. A couple days ago I asked my brother if he was selling the tank and stand and he said he was. I asked him if I could buy it and he said I could have it for free. He also went through his stuff and found some freshwater sand, a filter and a few other things that I could have. When I lived there I had a 10 gallon freshwater tank in my bathroom. It had the coolest things in it and we couldn't find the rocks that I had, but nobody remembers throwing them away, so perhaps we'll find them.

So anyways we're getting fishies! Petco has a great sale on fish until June 22nd, so sometime before then we'll have it all set up and ready. I'm excited! We'll post pictures when it is all set up and ready.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds like fun! We'll look forward to the pictures.

Lindsay said...

Oooh...fish are fun! Remember Louis, are betta fish, Peter? Good times.

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Petros! I wish I had known you guys had a blog - I would have made lots of really useful comments. As it is, I found you on Lindsay's blog. I am totally jealous (still) of your San Diego residence. And your wedding pictures are so cute! And I really haven't got much else to comment on. Fish are nice. Feel free to look at my blog http://librariansbook.blogspot.com if you so desire.

Oh, we are trying to get ourselves out to Disneyland this summer. My husband's never been!

*another old southridgian #19 friend*