Saturday, June 21, 2008

Spider Dance

Yesterday Peter and I were at my parents' house looking at pieces of slate for our aquarium. Peter ditched me at one point to go check out his gladiolus bulbs in the pool area and walked into a spider web with a spider that was "this big" in it. I was on the other side of the house when I heard a lot of commotion. I turned the corner and saw Peter whacking himself with a box and doing the funniest dance I've seen in a long time. My mom was beside herself with laughter. Apparently I missed the part where he was running around the lawn hoping that the wind would blow the spider off him. He claims he was looking for a place that the dog hadn't pooped so he could roll on the ground. (My mom poop scoops all the time, there was no poop out there to be found.) He claims it's still pooped grass even if it has already been cleaned up. So anyway I see him whacking himself with a box. Then he comes running toward me with box in hand and tells me to whack the spider. I heard "spider" and backed away. You kidding me I didn't want him anywhere near me, after all the spider was "this big."

Then several hours later when we were back at home sitting on the couch he kept on grabbing at his hair. Every time he flinched I flinched too and then I started laughing. He was not finding it as funny as I was. :)

2 comments:

Linda said...

I don't know anyone besides Peter who would have a spider dance that awesome. I read this post alone in my bedroom and laughed out loud. (Melissa just sent me the link to your blog. And you guys totally win the prize funniest posts I've read--probably because they involve Peter.)

Lisa said...

That is soooo funny!! Thanks for giving me a great start to my day! I want to see Peter's "spider dance" sometime!!