Sunday, October 31, 2010

Any day now...

Well today marks 39 weeks and no Squirt yet. The doctors at the hospital said I should deliver before 39 weeks, but my doctor at the clinic said I could possibly go a day or two over 40 weeks…I’m thinking I’m done being pregnant and just want him out now. With the lovely diet that I’m on, I haven’t gained any weight the last two months, however, Squirt has. His kicks are extremely noticeable and often painful, especially when he stretches from both ends. I’m exhausted all of the time-afternoon naps are not a luxury, they’re a necessity and I still go to bed at a decent time….which is followed up with 3-4 midnight trips to the bathroom (nature is just doing it’s job to prepare me for midnight feedings).

Friday was my last day of work for a couple months. After my wonderful (loads of sarcasm here) day on Thursday, my co-workers and I decided that Friday would be it for me. This week will be an easy week for them no new lessons just let the kids get caught up on work. Then Thursday and Friday are parent teacher conferences. My reports are all turned in, so I’m off the hook.

A little while back as we were buying the necessities for Squirt, Peter made the comment that kids sure cost a lot. I responded with yeah, just the first one, then the others can use the same stuff. Well then on Tuesday there was a knock on the door. Peter was busy so I got up off the couch to get the door. Getting up can be an ordeal now as I can’t always see where my feet are…and I managed to kick over an entire glass of crystal light that was sitting on the floor. I answered the door-it was the missionaries, the conversation was quick and brief. “Oh you live here, how are you doing, can we do anything for you? Well see you around.” That was basically it. I shut the door and then get a rag to clean up the mess I had just made. While soaking up the floor I see my laptop under the couch has a pile of liquid on top of it. Peter grabs me another towel and I wipe down the computer as liquid is dripping out of it (mind you it was closed). I opened it up and the keyboard and screen were all wet. We unplug it, take the battery out and do our best to dry it out and then leave it opened for a day or two to dry. We have since tried several times to turn it on and nothing happens. I think I killed my computer. On Wednesday evening Peter suggests we buy me a new computer. Mine had been acting up for awhile now, but I could live with the little quirks it had- (a cd got stuck and made an awful noise every time I opened it, then the k button got stuck and would randomly type k’s while I typed) I learned to deal with the little quirks and kept pushing the idea to the back burner. And now the computer is truly dead. I just hope that we can pull the information off of the hard drive and put it on the new computer (when we get one). Which leads me to yesterday-we went to Fashion Valley mall. Did we have to go that far? No, but that mall has a Disney store, so of course we went there. We walked past the Apple store and decided since there were about 500 people in the store that I could live without a computer for awhile longer. We went in the Disney Store and then quickly out. It was crowded too and was geared for 3-8 year olds. We went to Bath and Body Works and bought some smelly soaps (I had a giftcard), and then I was tired so we headed back to the car. On the way back I stopped at Macy’s and told Peter to go get the car and pick me up there. I couldn’t walk anymore. A combination of massive pressure down there along with contractions was making me quite miserable.

He picked me up and we headed home, with one last stop at Costco to get some Halloween candy. Last night was our ward and another ward’s combined Halloween carnival and trunk or treat. We originally thought we would have a baby by now so we weren’t going to the trunk or treat, but since we didn’t we needed to pick up some cheap candy to pass out to approximately 200-300 kids. The carnival was pretty awesome, they had some really fun games set out-mini put put, toilet toss(toss a roll of toilet paper into a toilet), throw a ball in a bucket while it is spinning, pick Frankenstein’s nose, a cake walk where they won lollipops, decorate a cookie, get a balloon, cotton candy, face painting, you name it they had a lot of fun games and activities for the kids and of course it was all free. Probably the best carnival I’ve seen in a long time. Then at 7pm the trunk or treat began. The cars were all lined up many decorated their trunks with scary webs, pumpkins, music and such. We met up with Peter’s family and passed out candy next to their cars. Most kids went around once, though several we saw two or three times. They each got one piece until we ran out. Chris and Mary’s kids returned with a good stash of candy.

So that brings us to today…39 weeks and still hanging in. With each contraction Peter leans over-“Are you in labor yet? Is it time?” He has to give a talk today and he’s not even remotely looking forward to it. :) Can you tell?

6 comments:

Lisa said...

How exciting!!! I can hardly wait :)I know the valences your Mom made are yellow. What other colors do you have in your nursery?

Lindsay said...

Hang in there! The end is in sight!

Kira said...

have you stuck the computer in rice for a couple of days?? It is pretty incredible how well that works!

I AM SO FREAKIN EXCITED!!!!!!!!!

Peter and Mandy said...

The nursery is pretty neutral-yellow, green, cream, the pooh bedding and the cherry furniture. I'll have to take more pictures to post.

Fred ... said...

I'm getting very excited.

Ellen said...

oh that last little wait is killer. so exciting but so "WHERE IS MY BABY?!!" i hope he makes an appearance soon, I can't wwait to meet that cute boy