Friday, January 21, 2011

Connor's 1st Road Trip

Last weekend we took a quick road trip up to the bay area to attend a funeral. My dad was already going, so we went with him. We left Sunday morning around 9 and arrived at Abbie and Rafe's house around 7pm. Connor was the perfect little baby. I fed him before we left, when we stopped for lunch, and gave him a bottle in the afternoon so we could keep on driving. We stopped a few times for gas and when we stopped I always changed him, so that when we arrived at Abbie and Rafe's we had only a minor diaper leak. Then I fed him again as soon as we got to Abbie and Rafe's. Other than that he slept, we played and he only fussed for five minutes while I tried to find him a bottle.
Sunday night Connor slept from 12-5:30 then ate and went back to sleep until 7:30 or so. Monday morning was the funeral followed by a delicious lunch of Greek food and then we went to the cemetery for a graveside service. Afterward we went to my cousins house for a couple of hours and then back to Abbie and Rafe's. Monday night Connor slept from 11-8...yup 9 straight hours! It was wonderful! We ate breakfast and hit the road a little after 9. We stopped for lunch and then kept on driving. After lunch I changed Connor, then he was asleep at the next gas pit stop, so we let him sleep...that was a mistake. We stopped in Rancho Cucamunga to visit the Bass Pro Shop. Peter had been dying to go there, so we stopped and checked out the store. And my what a store it was! Pictures of that will be in the next post (I have to get them from my dad.) When we went to pull Connor out of his car seat I noticed poop all over the side...we had encountered a major blowout!
Laughing at his animal friends
I cleaned up Connor while Peter cleaned up the car seat...it was disgusting! Sad thing though, the diaper wasn't full, it just leaked out the side because of the way Connor sits in his car seat with his feet up-which caused a gap. Once we were all cleaned up we went in the store and walked around a bit, then got dinner there. We arrived home around 9:30 or so. I took apart the car seat and put the fabric in the washing machine along with the poopy clothes while Connor got a much needed bath.
Hello there :)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

He is soooo perfect!!!

Kira said...

what absolutely adorable pictures!!!! He is so good!

Karina said...

Oh my goodness, he is SO precious!!! Cutest baby ever!