Friday, January 7, 2011

Fun with babies

On New Year's Eve we went to the O's. Upon arrival Camille anxiously asked if she could hold baby Connor. Within minutes of rocking in her arms she had him asleep. He woke up a couple of times and she just rocked him back to sleep.
At 9:58pm Chris announces that it's two minutes until the new year and gets his girls excited to blow noise makers and such. Peter and I look at each other dumbfounded. I ask, "It's midnight already?" Peter says, "It's only 10 o'clock." Apparently we don't have enough kids to understand why 10pm is midnight on New Year's Eve. After the kids had their New Year's party they went to bed. Connor was having a hard time so we headed home. At midnight we were all in bed.

On Wednesday I watched Claire during the day and on Thursday I watched Claire and Ellie. Claire did a great job of entertaining herself while Connor ate. During one feeding Claire was playing behind the couch and would keep asking if she could use/play with different items. She put on one of my "hooter hiders" and then put a teddy bear under it and told me she was feeding her baby while I fed Connor. Later she put one of Connor's shirts on a teddy bear and buckled it into his car seat. She also played with the bear on a baby blanket and tried giving it a pacifier. I was surprised that she didn't try to put a diaper on it, as the changing mat was also out. She also enjoyed playing in my shoes.
Claire was really happy that she got to play with Connor all day Wednesday and not have to share him with her sisters. Later that night Mary called to say that she told Claire that she didn't have to work on Friday so she would play with Mommy all day. Claire said, "No, I play with Aunt Mandy." Sounds like she really had fun.

Tuesday morning while I took a shower I had Connor sitting in his car seat. Normally he doesn't like this, but he was a great trooper. In fact he was waiving his hands and kept bopping the little noise makers that jingled...then he would squeal with delight. I kept sticking my head out of the shower curtain to see my super happy baby playing with the toys. By the time I had a camera, he was done sitting in his car seat.

Here's our happy baby-9 weeks as of tomorrow, pictures were taken this evening.

No comments: