Friday, July 19, 2013

All things PINK baby shower

Last weekend my co-workers threw a baby shower for Denise and I.  Denise is due in October.  We are both expecting girls so this was an all pink party.  The theme was a tea party.  Karin-our host, really outdid herself and nearly everyone pitched in to help. 

As I walked up to the front door there were two teddy bears enjoying a tea party.  Inside Karin had made an assortment of teas-hot, cold, decaf, I was told they were really good.
 
 I went with a blood orange soda-yummy.  We also had little cucumber sandwiches, quiche, scones, cookies, basically all things yummy.  There was also a table with lots of candy to take home in goody bags.  I brought home a bunch of miniature gummy bears...Connor was thrilled! 
For all special occasions my work orders these princess cakes-and boy are they amazing!
 We played the baby game where we get a clothespin and we can't say the word baby for the whole shower.  I'm generally lousy at this game, but I caught two people and that was enough to win the game.  It was hilarious when I caught Denise-she had like 5 clips and had to give them all to me.  We played a game where you guess the total price of all the items in a basket.  At the end Denise and I were told to share the items.  Well given that I still have a child in diapers at home I already had the butt paste, wipes, baby shampoo, powder, lotion, nose sucker outer thing, and I just recently bought a package of newborn diapers and a Costco sized package of size 1 diapers.  So really I didn't need anything.  The only item in the basket that I could use were the pacifiers.  So I took that and told Denise to keep everything else.  She said she doesn't use baby powder at home....and that's where I caught her saying the word baby.  It was pretty funny.
The gift table-after all the gifts were opened. Denise and I got a lot of girl clothes.
A really pretty centerpiece.  I took this one home. It looks great on my kitchen table.
Denise, Karin and Me
Enjoying a yummy piece of cake.
 Estella (co-worker) took all of these pictures and emailed them to me.

A friend from church told me she had a bag of girl clothes that her 5 month old had outgrown and she had some boy clothes too that she wanted to get rid of.  I took her up on the offer and to my surprise she brought over 5 bags and a box!  The box and one bag was all boy clothes mostly 3T-6.  A bag and a half were all baby blankets-Lots and Lots of baby blankets.  Then the rest were baby clothes ranging from newborn to 24 months.  I enjoyed going through it all and picking out favorites.  I could tell that they lived in Utah before moving here.  Many of the clothes were for cold weather-which won't work for my summer baby.  My mom and I went shopping before all of this and got several cute outfits as well.  And Sean and Amy are moving here and bringing with them all the girl clothes that Amy and Mary have accumulated from their kids.  Mary also kept some of her favorites and passed them on to me as she doesn't plan on having any more kids after her little boy, which is due in December.  I think this little girl is going to be well dressed.  With Connor, a family gave us a ton of hand me down toys so we didn't have to buy toys for a LONG time-we still don't have to, but we do anyway.  Looks like I'll have the same situation here except with girl clothes.  I'm really excited about it all.