Saturday, July 27, 2013

Dust Dust Everywhere!

Last weekend Frank started the tile.  He had to grind the floor a little bit which caused a lovely dust storm.  Well today he worked on the dining room area.  He and Peter taped off the kitchen cupboards so to keep the dust to a minimum...well the dust got through the plastic or something because I just spent the last 3 hours cleaning my kitchen and I only did the fronts of everything.  I thought for sure if I put stuff in cupboards it would be safe....HA, I was wrong.
 The plastics cupboard covered in dust
 The corningware and the block of knives that I placed in the cupboard so they wouldn't get dusty...so much for that idea.
 
 When they were through making the mess, they took the plastic down and wiped down everything with a wet sponge...my poor fridge.
 So yes, I spent the last three hours cleaning only the tops of counters, fronts of cabinets and drawers and all the appliances.  I'll start the insides of some of the cabinets maybe tomorrow or Monday.  This is what a clean fridge looks like.
 When done I took a picture of my foot/leg that I had already brushed dust off of.
This week is going to be a whirlwind of activity.  More tile is going in tomorrow and possibly Monday, carpet on Tuesday, baseboards on Wednesday...who knows what else?  It's starting to look like the house will get finished before the baby arrives. :)

No comments: