Sunday, April 26, 2009

"Get it off of me!"/Peter has a new job!

Here's two posts in one:

Famous words if you ask me.
So here we are today walking to our car when a dear little friend was found on Peter's pants. He gets into the car and panics:
"What is that? Get it off of me!"
"Hold still."
"It's right there."
"I can't grab it, I don't want to squish it....where did it go?
"It's right there, get it out of the car."
"I'm trying to get it....just don't worry about it, it won't hurt you."
"I'm not driving with THAT in here."
"Oh it's on your shirt, just get out of the car and flick it off."
*Gets out of car, jumps up and down and finally flicks it off. Gets back into car and drives us home, while I am laughing hysterically.
"Honey, it's just a lady bug."
"I don't like bugs on me!"
My poor hubby...I give him the benefit of the doubt that if it was a spider I would've done the same thing, however this was a lady bug! He claims he thought it was a bee at first...but even after he knew it was a lady bug he was still freaking out. He cracks me up :)
_________________________________________________________________
Peter has a new job!
Friday was Peter's last day working for Sony Electronics. He quit his job of five years and is on to bigger and better. Sony has been laying off people recently. A few weeks ago they laid off 65% of the floor above Peter. He's been coming home the last few weeks saying how dismal it has been at Sony. A few months ago, Peter's best friend Greg, told him that his company was hiring people and that Peter should give him his resume. (Greg has tried several times in the past to have Peter join the company he works for, up until now he didn't see a need to change companies) At first Peter thought his job was pretty safe and didn't want to leave a company he had been with for awhile. However, with all the layoffs he was beginning to feel uneasy and fixed up his resume and gave it to Greg. Well a short time later, he had an interview and was offered a job. He turned in his two weeks of notice and on Friday he had to turn in his cell phone. So the number that everyone has for Peter, no longer works. We're supposed to be getting him a phone soon. He will officially start at General Atomics tomorrow. He's thrilled to start a new adventure and working in the same building as his buddy is pretty cool too. He's totally stoked!
*Peter adds: "I hope there's no bugs in the building :)"

7 comments:

Kira said...

oh my gosh, that lady bug story is hysterical!!! And Congrats Peter on the new job!!!!!

Lisa said...

Peter makes me laugh. What is going to happen when you have a little boy or little girl and he has to take them on a father/son camp out or the father/daughter camp out? Congratulations on the new job!!

Fred ... said...

General Atomic's. That should be a fascinating place to work. Which area is he going to be working in? Does he get to work with the "predator" or the "Tokamak Nuclear Fusion Reactor"?

Ellen said...

you have no idea how excited greg is to work with peter! yay good luck on your first day tomorrow!

Gretchen said...

So funny! Spiders, ladybugs....oh my! Congrats on the new job Peter!!!

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Ah, I'm so glad to still get some laughs from Peter!

Rebecca Fallentine said...

Great news! I am glad to hear that Peter is in a good company!