Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Our family of four

Yesterday morning I was induced at 41 weeks.  At 4:42pm we became a family of four.  Chloe topped the scales at 9 pounds 1 ounce and was 20 inches long.

Delivery was extremely fast...much faster than anyone was expecting.  I went from 3cm to fully dilated in less than 3 hours.  I barely got the epidural in time-what a wonderful medicine!  Basically less than an hour after receiving the miracle medicine I was feeling an intense need to push.  Doctors and nurses came swarming into the room, gowns and face shields were put on quickly, the area was prepped and about 15-20 minutes later Chloe arrived.  Whew it was fast!



4 comments:

Ellen said...

I was so excited when greg told me there were pics on the blog! She is precious! And what?! You pushed out 9.1lbs of sweetness in like 5 seconds?! Go you! (High 5 here) congratulating again, keep us posted on blessing and visiting hours :)

Gretchen said...

Yay!!!! So glad to hear that your sweet Chloe is here! She is beautiful!!! Hope you are healing well and able to get some rest. Congrats to you and your cute family!! :)

Kira said...

YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!! I still so excited for you! WELCOME CHLOE!!!!!

Fred ... said...

Congratulations. I can't wait to see her. I feel like a grandpa again.